How to recover lost GCE Results Certificate in Cameroon (Procedure). Here we present a step-by-step simple guide on how to recover a lost GCE result certificate. This is termed by the GCE Board a duplicate certificate.
A lost GCE result certificate is a bad dream for any student or candidate who sat for the examination and successfully made it. After the publication of the various GCE Results as given below, the certificate becomes the only proof of success for the General Certificate of Education examination in Cameroon.
The Cameroon GCE Board issues a unique Ordinary Level or Advanced level result certificate to merit candidates. These candidates are those who obtained at least the minimum number of papers required to pass at each level. These Certificates are fundamental while for pursue of further studies at the Advanced level and University undergraduates. As an internationally recognized certificate, it is equally indispensable for those who wish to obtain study opportunities abroad.
Notwithstanding, a few candidates or students eventually lose their GCE Result certificates due to factors beyond their control. Sometimes this loss is simply the outcome of plain carelessness.
Here we present a step-by-step simple guide on how to recover a lost GCE result certificate. This is termed by the Cameroon GCE Board a duplicate certificate.
What are the eligibility criteria for recovering a Lost GCE Certificate in Cameroon?
- The individual requesting a duplicate must have succeeded in the GCE Exam during a minimum of one examination session.
- The candidate or student should be certain to pose information regarding the year the results were obtained before contacting the board.
What are the required documents for a duplicate GCE Result Certificate in Cameroon?
The GCE Board recognizes its candidates not by name but essentially by candidate center number and candidate number. The documents listed below are mandatory when seeking to obtain a duplicate of the original GCE Results certificate in Cameroon. These are;
- Proof of loss is known as a Certificate of Loss signed by the local police for candidates based at home. Otherwise by a competent authority abroad for candidates who reside out of home at the time the demand is made.
- A handwritten application duly signed by the candidate.
- A fiscal stamp of 1000 FCFA attached to the written application.
- A photocopy of the candidate’s Birth Certificate.
- A valid photocopy of the candidate’s identification card: a National Identity card or an International Passport.
- A photocopy of lost GCE Certificate or Results slips if possible.
How costly is it to recover a lost GCE Certificate in Cameroon?
Aside from the cost inquired to obtain the mandatory documents listed above, a fee has to be paid to the GCE Board for a duplicate certificate. During the registration for the examination, candidates sitting for the GCE exam pay diverse fees. These usually include;
- Examination registration fee
- Fee per subject
- Fee per practical
- G3 form franking fee
After the examination is written and the GCE Results are released, the Board transfers certificates of all successful candidates to their respective registration centers. This is done free of charge for the students or candidates unlike when requesting a duplicate. For the process to be fruitful the candidate will be required to pay a lump sum of 50000 FCFA as charges to the Board for the issue of a duplicate GCE certificate.
This duplicate is exactly like the original but for the fact that it calls for financial expenses. It is thus advisable to keep your certificate in a safe place and limit movements with it.
Recovery procedure for a lost GCE Results Certificate
To apply and obtain a lost GCE result certificate in Cameroon, the candidate is expected to:
- Attach the stamped handwritten application into an A4-sized envelope.
- Attach a copy of the candidate’s birth certificate.
- Attach a copy of the candidate’s National ID or International Passport.
- Attach a photocopy of the lost GCE result certificate if possible.
- Visit the GCE Board’s headquarters in Buea or its North West regional office in Bamenda.
- Pay a non-refundable recovery fee of 50,000 FCFA to the Board.
- Submit the complete file containing all requested documents.
How Long to obtain a duplicate GCE Certificate?
When the candidate respects the above procedure and requirements, a period of less than 12 months is generally observed before a duplicate is made available.
Once available, the candidate is expected to present himself/herself at the Board to get in possession of the certificate.
How to recover lost GCE Results Certificate in Cameroon (Procedure)Follow me on social media: